Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Teaching Goals

To know my students and how they learn
  • having been placed at a incredibly multicultural school for my internship i placed a lot of emphasis not only on wanting to develop my skills of differentiation but to also develop rapport with the students by learning about them and their interests (and use this as a way to engage them in class).
To create and maintain a safe and challenging learning environments
  • specifically I wanted to create a classroom environment where all class members want to and feel comfortable engaging in class activities.
  • After my previous 3 week practical block, i had felt that some students had 'fallen through the cracks' of my teaching methodologies. This internship I wanted to find methods in which to include and inspire usually uninterested students.
To plan, assess and report for effective learning
  • continuing on from my previous goal, I felt that apart of creating this environment was to use a range of 'appropriate and engaging resources and materials to support student learning'.
  • I aimed to activitly seek out ICT resouces and programs as a way in which to interest, normally disengaged students.

No comments:

Post a Comment